Tradition - What is it? It's the passing down of elements of a culture from generation to generation.
What are your traditions for Christmas? Do you open all your gifts on Christmas Eve or do you open only one? Maybe you don't open any. Did you start your own tradition or are you continuing the traditions you celebrated as a child?
On Christmas Eve we:
- attend Mass
- each child open one gift (new Christmas PJ's)
- set out Christmas cookies we've decorated for Santa
- read a Christmas story
- turn off all the lights in the house except for the Christmas lights and listen to Christmas music
- then off to bed to wait for Santa
On Christmas Day we:
- get up early and see what Santa brought us (the kids)
- open all of our presents
- play & eat breakfast
- have a large traditional Christmas dinner with family
- we eat our "happy birthday Jesus" cake we made the day before
We eat too much, laugh too loud and watch the kids enjoy their gifts!! This is our Christmas tradition.
I would love to hear about your traditions at this time of year.
I hope you have a Blessed Christmas with your family and friends!!!
The magic of the holiday season never ends & the greatest gifts are family & friends!!!